Inanis Lupus

Official roleplaying forum

HomeHome  Updates/FunUpdates/Fun  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister    Log inLog in  

Share | 

If you don't really care, don't stay.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Magisches Künstler

PostSubject: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Zachary wiped tree sap from the palm of his hand. That one little, gooey substance was the only thing he hated about nature. It stuck to you better than most glue and collected dirt as you moved around. Careful not to get it on his new camera, Zack attempted to scrape it off with his nail. After a few minutes of intense laboring, he managed to get most of it off of his bony fingers. He sighed and continued moving towards the old mansion in front of him.As he walked, he would occasionally pause and snap pictures of undergrowth.

Zack loved photography. He had his own blog that constantly held contests for 'Scariest Picture,' 'Funniest Picture' and 'Most Unusual Picture' every day. He and a few close internet friends picked winners. People praised his work and submitted some of their own. It was fascinating how the angle and colors of a picture can change it's meaning and emotion.

Today, he was hiking to the Camarilla mansion. He was eager to get pictures of the majestic building. His bright green eyes practically glowed with anticipation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
Admin

Location : Using my super stalking powers. You can't hide, Amanda. >:3

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Ash was stealthy lingering around the Camarilla Mansion's massive courtyard, trying to make his presence as low key as possible. His previous experiences with these uptight, no-good, wastes of immortal life was extremely shaky, forcing him to stand on weak grounds.

He had just departed from a vampiric meeting that was held by the head pansy himself, Sebastian Lacroix. Ash carried a displeased frown on his beautifully structured face, mocking several phrases the Prince had chimed turning the dinner party.

You are ideal to our plans, Mr. Strauss.
You are always welcome here Mr. Strauss.

He gagged at the thoughts of himself actually residing in the large Gothic mansion with his colleagues and enemies. His scowl heightened as the thoughts continued to haunt his mind.
"Unfathomable." he snapped under his breath, his lips suddenly curling into a timid grin as his eyes met with the intruding photographer.
"Can I.. help you?" he choked out while patting against the sides of his wrinkled suit.

Vampires:
Ash Strauss, the chevalier.
Jade Alleyne, angelic silence.
Ziggy Ackland, the complete moron
Charlie Cross, Camarilla pansy

Werewolves:
Eden Shepherd, the psychopathic hybrid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=3981597
Magisches Künstler

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Zack twisted to the side. An older guy was standing and staring inquisitively. Immediately, he raised his camera and snapped a quick picture of him. After a few minutes of clicking, he lowered the camera and smiled. "I'm just here to take some nice pictures. This place is so nice. It's got a lot of life."

Zachary turned back to the mansion and tilted his large black photographic tool with a grin. He mulled over what each picture would look like. The colors he'd alter and the parts that would be out of focus. He glanced over at the stranger and raised an eyebrow.

"Who are you?" He asked. "A resident of the mansion? Do you live here?" He shook his head. "Sorry. My name's Zachary Friend."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:40 pm

Ash's brows pulled inward as the young man began to snap pictures from every direction. A slight scowl pressed against his lips as he began to ponder the thought of whether or not he'd actually show up in the numerous pictures. He shrugged his shoulders answering his own question, "Probably."

"You ought to be careful on these grounds.." he began in a hushed tone, "It's uh- private property." he said while fidgeting at the cuff of his long ebony sleeves. He could only imagine what the Camarilla would do if they came across this young naive mortal on their territory.
Ash finally apprehended the man's previous questions, "I guess you could say.. I'm a friend of the owner." He cringed at his own words, dreading the fact he actually affiliated himself as a friend of the Camarilla. He turned his head away gazing up a the admirable towering mansion.

"I'm Ash." he finally answered while continuing to look upon the various stain glass windows that decorated the ivy covered stone walls.
"Wait- how did you get in?" Ash stammered finally realizing the man must have climbed over the steel iron gates.

Vampires:

Werewolves:
Back to top Go down
Magisches Künstler

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Zack immediately knew what Ash was talking about. The gates. He shrugged. "I'm small enough to fit through the bars." He smirked and then frowned slightly. "I'll probably be leaving soon...I guess. Don't want to get in...too much trouble."

He crouched and let the camera click as it pointed at the ground. The dirt and grass was unusually nice. Flawed. He probably wouldn't use those, but whatever. "So, how do you know the owners?" He asked Ash pleasantly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Damnit, what do I say now?
Ash began to argue within his own thoughts, struggling with words. He casually folded his arms across his chest trying to lessen his obvious agitation.
"Lots of business.. stuff." he mumbled incoherently while keeping his eyes focused on the greenery coiling around his feet.
Vines lay tapered across the ground with wild flowers blooming through every blank opening. Their colors were anything but dull, especially in comparison to the antiqued walls of the mansion. He didn't blame the young photographer for wanting to capture such inhuman beauty. It would tickle the fancy of any artist, it even appealed Ash's critique eye.

Ash began to wonder if the young photographer had potential, being the Toreador he was, he was cursed with a magnified obsession for the arts. The boy was good looking enough, however the fact he lugged around a camera for a living made Ash's sense heighten in curiosity and admiration.

"Perhaps I could show you the way out. I'm heading that way myself." Ash began to coax lightly, "I'm also curious in your.. photography. Is it your profession? Do you have any on-hand examples?" his questions poured tastefully from his lips as he began to stroll along the side of the mansion, making his way along the massive gated entrance.

Vampires:

Werewolves:
Back to top Go down
Magisches Künstler

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:36 pm

Zack raised an eyebrow, but followed the man back towards the gates. He smiled at his questions; he seemed genuinely interested in his pictures. Too bad he didn't have anything with him. He frowned and attempted to answer the questions. "Yeah, I sell some of my pictures, but I still have another job I do. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures but my camera. Do you want to look at that?"

Zachary held out his camera hesitantly, he didn't want any damage done to it. It was really expensive. He'd saved a lot of money for it, pulled extra hours for his job at the store. He loved it, maybe just a little too much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:53 pm

Ash nodded his head eagerly while gracefully cradling the camera in his masculine arms. He toyed with the camera's display features, skimming over the hundreds of delightful pictures saved onto the filling memory card. He smiled brilliantly while looking at the ridiculous pictures of himself, squinting from the previous flashes. I don't look half bad in pictures. He carefully handed the camera back to Zack, flashing a quick smile.

"Excellent work. I'm interested in purchasing some of your photography." his voice was generous, but held a very serious tone.

The gate stood ominously in the darkness, it's fine iron details were indeed beautiful, yet held a strange, spine chilling message. If looked at closely, you could find scenes of Gabriel slaying down other kindred. It was something most didn't notice, or chose to ignore.

"So what do you say?" Ash finally spoke while opening the colossal entrance, he held the gates open waiting for Zack.

Vampires:

Werewolves:
Back to top Go down
Magisches Künstler

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Zachary nodded eagerly, cradling his camera close to him. "Sure. Is there a certain one you want?" He stared up at the gate with a quiet gaze and bit his lip. The gate was definitely creepy. There was something about the pattern that he couldn't make out. He took a picture of it. He'd figure it out later.

He looked back at Ash and moved out of the gates, a little disappointed that he didn't get to stay longer. Then again, he felt that way every time he had to leave a good spot. Zack sighed at the mansion with a heavy sigh. Too bad, really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:21 pm

"There are numerous portraits I'd like to purchase." he began, "Perhaps I should just feature you in my art gallery?" he questioned both himself and the young artist. A coy smile dappled across his face as his continued to lead the man from the vampiric estate.

"Is there any way I can contact you?" he questioned as he began to check his pockets for a piece of paper and pen. No luck. He let out a soft sigh while continuing to dig through his deep coat looking for a phone. Wait.. he didn't own a phone. He looked at the man with a displeased, halfhearted grin. "Perhaps you'll have better luck than I?" he said with a light chuckle.

Vampires:

Werewolves:
Back to top Go down
Magisches Künstler

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:40 am

Zack fished a black sharpie out of his coat pocket. He scrabbled for a piece of paper and came up empty. Uhhh...He glanced around and plucked a leaf from a tree. He scribbled his cell phone number on it and handed it over. "There, that's my number. You can call me on that. At almost all hours." The number was scribbled in neat, organized handwriting. At the top, his name was written: Zachary Friend.

He smiled at Ash and turned to walk home, flipping through the pictures he'd taken. He glared at the picture of the gate, trying to find what was pictured. As he looked, he could make out the shape of something round, but what was it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:58 am

Ash laughed at the man's stalwart attempt, shaking his head from side-to-side, brushing his palm against his forehead.

"Say, why don't you just sell them to me now?" he said with a wide grin, "I mean, why don't we head over to your place? I have the payment in cash." he asserted while flashing out a thick stack of euros from his suit's pocket. His insisting tone would make it difficult for anyone to pull away from. He stepped in closer, while tilting his head to the side, "What do you say?" he murmured curiously. His eyes narrowed, gleaming beyond Zack's exterior.

Vampires:

Werewolves:
Back to top Go down
Magisches Künstler

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:15 am

Zack bit his lip. the idea was nice, and he seemed harmless. Plus, he already had a few pictures printed out at home. Yeah...okay. He smiled, "Sure! Follow me!" He glided down the road with as much grace as a teenage boy could muster. He led Ash to his small house and flicked on the light.

"There's not a lot of house, but there's enough space for me and my photography." He picked up his laptop from the dinner table and flipped it open. He tapped a few keys and closed it again. The house was neat and organized, clean too. The only thing was it was...petite. "So, what do you think?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:42 am

A pleased expression crossed over Ash's face,- a warm smile following the answer he wanted to hear.
"Splendid!" he chimed in while following the young artist down the street. He resided exceptionally close to the Mansion's premises, making the walk barely a breath of air.

The interior of his home was rather unembellished and basic. Ash couldn't help but admire the man's simplistic taste. "I like it." he mused while strolling along the room, placing a hand against the cold white walls. "Reminds me of my mor-.. My old home." he stuttered while realizing his foolish choice of words, "Before I moved." he quickly added while turning his back away from Zack. He cursed under his breath while abruptly changing the subject.

"So, I'll take whatever you have." he said with a brilliant smile, slapping a large amount of cash onto the small table.

Vampires:

Werewolves:
Back to top Go down
Magisches Künstler

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:28 am

Zack nosed around in his house, looking for printed pictures. He managed to pull out two pictures and that was it. He flipped open his laptop and sighed. "Why don't you pick from my gallery. Then, we can go to the store and print them up. How does that sound?"

Zachary pushed the white laptop towards him and went to his room for his bag and jacket. He glanced at Ash. "See any you like? At all? Let's go." He caught the tall man's sleeve and tugged him out to the sidewalk again. He led him to his Civic hybrid and hopped into the driver seat. "Get in!"

The two drove out onto the busy streets and Zack tapped the wheel impatiently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:33 am

Ash picked out several of his favorite portraits, suggesting the fact he'd like to become a regular costumer. He was pleased to see how eager the young man was when it came to expressing his passion of art. He anxiously followed Zack out the front door, making his way to the car parked infront of the narrow sidewalk. He slid his body inside the small Civic, pulling his legs together, while uncomfortably resting his cramped arms against his highly risen knees.

The man seemed to be a cautious enough driver, following all the basic street rules. Ash leaned his head against the glass window, watching the buzzing scenery rush by. The silence between them didn't make him feel uncomfortable, it was actually rather soothing to be in a noiseless environment. Ash could feel his lids become heavy, as he slowly blinked his eyes shut.

Only moments after, a loud screeching noise flooded his ears, eyes flashing open. He curled his body to the side, watching the frantic driver swivel across the road, cars darting in every direction.
"Brakes! Brakes!" Ash yelled at the top of his lungs, he attempted to reach over to take ahold of the reckless wheel, until...

A semi truck pulled onto the distraught road of numerous cars, spinning off to the side of the street. The driver desperately blew his ear piercing horn, still coming full speed ahead.

It was like a flash of light. The collision was so sudden, Ash was unable to successfully take the wheel. His visual senses were put on hold, unable to view or hear anything that was happening around him. He could feel his head slam into the side of the car window, shards of glass embedding into his cheeks and forehead. Blood began to drown his lungs, sweet liquid pouring from his mouth. Was it over? He blinked his eyes open, stiffly turning his head to the side. The passenger was out-cold, blood rushing to his face, red fluid rapidly dripping from the tip of his nose. They were upside-down.

Vampires:

Werewolves:
Back to top Go down
Magisches Künstler

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:59 am

Zack froze in shock as the truck swerved in front his small car. He jerked back his hand and covered his face. He could feel the car shudder, his eyes tightly closed, before he was knocked out.

His arms and chest were a total wreck. It was hard to see how he could still be breathing, but he was. Even if there were pieces of metal stuck into him. His dark hair was sticky with blood and the substance leaked from him in streams. He had never been a good healer; his wounds didn't clot well. Which was why his doctor had advised him away from the extremities of nature. But, Zachary had stuck to it with courage and pride. It was his profession after all.

It was a blessing that he wasn't conscious. The levels of pain would be impossible to cope with. Bleeding profusely would probably scare the Hell out of him. Yes, it was definitely a good thing, him passed out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:43 pm

Ash fumbled his way into Zack's small apartment. His wounds were already beginning to heal as he slumped Zack's limp unconscious body onto the couch. He moaned in pain, pulling small shards of glass from his shoulders, "Damnit." Ash hissed under his breath, "This is why I don't do cars."

He painfully stumped his body over the already resided couch, cursing violently in a hushed tone. He knew what he had to do, well.. He knew what should be done. Giving a mortal immortality was an extremely painful process, but in Zack's case, things couldn't get any worse. The broken photographer would surely die within the next couple of minutes, making the vampiric transformation a lot easier. Ash wouldn't be burdened with the deed of having to kill the man with his own two hands.

Ash staggered down to the carpeted floor, hanging his badly mangled arm over Zack's face. Drops of thick red liquid dripped into the man's agape mouth. It was all about playing the waiting game now.

Vampires:

Werewolves:
Back to top Go down
Magisches Künstler

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:19 pm

Zack moaned. His chest ached and there was an unusual taste in his mouth. Ugh. He felt like an animal was trying to chew it's way free from inside of him. Ouch. His eyelids fluttered open and there were large black spots in his vision. Not good.Gasping, he could feel the pain growing and extending through him. His green eyes darted around and tried to figure out where he was. He could conclude two things: he wasn't in his car or at the hospital, but that was about it. He clenched his teeth together and shivered. His skin felt hot, like it was fighting off a crazy virus.

Pulling his knees closer, Zachary let his breathing become shallow and quick. The feeling spread to his limbs. He cried out quietly and curled into a ball, trying to shrink away from it. It was no use. Nothing could stop it. There was no point in resisting; he was being punished. "But I didn't do anything." Zack groaned through his teeth. "I didn't do anything."

He could feel tears running down his cheeks, he was crying. For the first time, he wondered what had happened in the car. What happened to Ash? He silently reprimanded himself for wondering if he still wanted pictures. This was no time to think about that, he could be dying. His lower lip jutted out in a pout. What did I do? What's going on?

It seemed like forever-or something close to it-before Zachary felt the pain ease up enough to uncurl from his uncomfortable position. He opened his eyes slowly as light bled into them He sighed heavily; after breathing incorrectly for a long time, he figured he should feel oxygen-deprived, but he wasn't sure. Everything was still up in the air and uncertain: Where he was, what was wrong with him, if he was alive, and if Ash was okay. He stretched his back, trying to peer through the brightness.

There was Ash, sitting on a chair. Zack made a small noise to get his attention. Maybe he knew what was wrong. He looked up at him eagerly. He really hoped he did. Ash was his only other source of information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Ash silently waited for the transformation to take place. It was painful enough watching Zack twist and cringe in pain, fearful tears trickling down his bloodied cheeks. He simply waited, waited for his damned blood to merge within the mortal's own flowing veins. Waited for Zack's heart to finally come to a fatal stop, tense mousy eyes gaining that glossy glaze of eternal sleep. Until.. the rebirth.

As the young man fluttered his dreary eyes open, Ash felt as if he should have welcomed him to his new life. Most fledglings (newly created vampires) couldn't comprehend the gift of immortality, snapping into a frenzied state of fear and insanity. When the cold hard facts settled in, that's when the interrogation began. Ash couldn't help but feel badgered by the fact he'd have to explain everything about vampires, and their bloody politics. Worst of all, he'd have to explain to the young vampire that he was indeed.. dead.

Ash flashed Zack a wide grin, gently raising his hand up, gesturing, "Yes, I'm still alive."
He slowly leaned forward, avoiding any abrupt movements that may cause Zack dizziness. He pursed his lips together while placing his cold hand against Zack's chin. His forefinger pushed the mans upperlip back, examining his canines.
"Hm.. not yet." he mumbled under his icy breath. Ash quickly pulled his hand away, placing it along his lap.

"How are you feeling?'

Vampires:

Werewolves:
Back to top Go down
Magisches Künstler

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:30 am

"I'm fine." Zack pushed himself into himself into a slightly upright position. He was startled by the question and lied. He felt like a small puppy, staring at Ash expectantly. The elder looked as if he was preparing to tell him something. Zachary looked around him, biting the inside of his cheek. He was in his house. He blinked, recognizing the patterns and colors. He sank back into his couch with a small smile.

It was warmer than he remembered. Maybe, he was just imagining it, but the overall temperature of his room was just barely in the comfort zone. He scratched his neck and swallowed. He was thirsty. Just a little, but while he thought about it, the feeling worsened. the inside of his throat felt dry and scratchy. He needed a drink.

Of what? He asked himself. He didn't want any water or juice. He frowned. Something was up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:29 am

Ash tried to dodge the explanations for as long as possible. It's tacky routine course of having to explain what, and what not to do grew extremely old.

"You should probably get some more rest.." Ash began while nervously rubbing the back of his head, "I'll get you something to.. uh drink." he quickly spurted out while standing to his feet.

He waited for Zach to turn his gaze away from him so he could easily puncture his wrist without the man watching. That would only cause fear.

Ash scooped up an empty plastic cup that perched on the man's desk; conveniently holding a half glass full of Ash's blood. He swiftly reentered the room, holding out the cup in-front of his already healed body. Before Zach could ask any further questions he quickly came up with a backup plan. Lie, lie, lie.

"It's antibiotics. I was a.. doctor. It's a home remedy." That's the worst lie ever.. He cursed under his breath and avoided any further eye contact.

Vampires:

Werewolves:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you don't really care, don't stay.   

Back to top Go down

If you don't really care, don't stay.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Inanis Lupus :: Out Of Character :: Thread Cemetery-
Jump to: